General Rental Policies
Rental of Spaces/Equipment:
- A One Hour rental is 55 minutes long at the Dayton Sports Complex. All groups must be off the field or court 5 minutes before the hour is up so that the next group can set up for their rental.
- No outside food or beverages, including the carrying of coolers, are permitted inside the facility.
- There are no food or drinks allowed on the playing surface (water/water bottles are the exception).
- Chewing gum, all tobacco products, and sunflower seeds are prohibited from being inside the facility.
- Renters may borrow a ball/sports equipment. There is a $5 deposit per item borrowed.
- No pets are allowed (exception, service animals are permitted).
- Foul or abusive language will not be tolerated by participants or spectators. A warning will be given and after that the individual, group or organization will be asked to leave with no refund being given.
- Rentals are on a first-come, first served basis.
- Groups, individuals or organizations who rent must be paid in full before using the rented space.
- By agreeing to rent, you agree to pay the full rental price, even if you cancel, don’t show, or change your rental.
- All participants of the rental must complete an online waiver form for the Dayton Sports Complex.
- On Friday, Saturday, and Sunday evening, rentals after 9:00pm must not have any one under the age of 18 unless they are participating in the rental. Groups with children under the age of 18 who are not participating will be asked to leave and will not receive a refund.
- There are no refunds for groups who do not show or who do not use their entire rented time. Anyone renting space must follow all facility rules or they will be asked to leave.
- Groups, individuals, or organizations renting may not move any equipment without full permission of the manager on duty.
- Shirts and shoes must be worn at all times by all participants and spectators.
Renters who have never rented before must pay at least 50% of their total rental fee before it is added to the schedule and confirmed.
Renters who rent more than 2 hours on any single day must pay at least 50% of the rental before it is added to the schedule and confirmed.
- Groups, individuals or organizations renting are responsible for putting all trash into the receptacles and picking up any other items that were not on the field or court before the rental. Any group who does not do this will be asked to pay a $50 refundable deposit for future rentals that will be returned to them if they clean up before leaving.
- Dayton Sports Complex reserves the right to refuse play or service to anyone.
General League Policies
League Registration & Fees
Teams are registered on a first-come, first served basis. Player fees will be refunded only if a team is not offered a position in a league / division determined to be appropriate for the team. Registration must be paid in full before the first game is played. Failure to comply to payment terms will result in the player or team with outstanding fees being suspended from participation until all fees are in good standing AND the team forfeiting all results. Teams dropping out of a league will forfeit their registration fees. Players/teams with outstanding fees shall not be allowed to re-register.
Levels of Competition
Dayton Sports Complex reserves the right to make the necessary changes within league divisions to ensure an equal level of ability and competition. Re-registering teams will be assigned to a division based upon availability and performance in past session(s).
Liability / Injury Waiver & Release Form
No individual will be allowed to participate in any league games, practice session, tournament, clinic, open pick-up game, or other activities until a waiver/release form has been properly completed and signed.
Dayton Sports Complex management would like to reaffirm that referees appointed to officiate each game have complete authority, and that his/her decisions on points of fact connected with the game are final. Officials are independent subcontractors and are not employees of the Dayton Sports Complex. Officiating will be monitored and assessed periodically and in-house training classes will provide for quality officiating. Constructive comments regarding officiating are welcomed and encouraged. Please submit any such comments in writing. Complaints regarding officials should be submitted in writing and contain points of fact. Do not discuss officiating or the officials with the facility staff during or immediately after your game.
Individuals are expected to play under control and within the rules of the game, and to the best of their ability will avoid causing injury to themselves and other persons using the facility.
“ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY” Anyone fighting will be ejected and their registration for that session will be terminated. Anyone threatening or stalking another member, staff, official or spectator will also be ejected, terminated and reported to the local authorities. If the offense occurs in the last 50% of a session, the player may not participate in the next session.
It shall be the responsibility of each team to maintain their own first-aid kit for treatment of serious injuries. Dayton Sports Complex will offer ice and small bandages.
A team forfeiting a game(s) during the same session will be subject to the following fines:
- 1st Forfeit – written warning
- 2nd Forfeit – expulsion from the league and forfeiture of any registration fees.
It is the responsibility of each player and the player’s team representative to be aware of the total status of their players’ infractions. Failure to comply may result in further disciplinary measures which may include suspension of the coach/rep. and forfeiture of games sanctioned player played in. This includes use of illegal players – those not registered properly on the team roster or not current on facility membership dues.
Game Days & Holidays
Primary game days are assigned to divisions. Divisions may be assigned to play on alternate game days depending upon; the length of the session, the number of teams participating, and recognized holidays over the course of a session.
The following holidays will be recognized:
- New Years Eve
- New Year’s Day
- July 4th
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Eve
- Divisions may be assigned to play on any other day(s).
The Team Manager is responsible for confirming scheduled game times at least 24 hours prior to game. Web schedules are to be used as a reference, changes may occur from time to time, Dayton Sports Complex shall maintain the most current official game schedules.
There are NO PROTESTS of Contests
Protestations regarding fielding of illegal players must be brought to the attention of the game officials prior to the start of a contest and may only be age related.
If a team cannot play a scheduled game (See GAME SCHEDULE AND MAKE-UP GAMES) the opposing team will be awarded a victory by the maximum score allowed. NO RESCHEDULE WILL BE GIVEN.
Ten Minute Rule
Should a team be unable to field the minimum number of players within ten minutes of the scheduled start time, the opposing team will be awarded a win by forfeiture.
Termination of Participation
The Dayton Sports Complex reserves the right to terminate an individual’s and/or team’s participation at the facility for violation of the facility policies as posted.
Player Eligibility Policy
Player registration must include the requested team placement and will serve as the basis for all rosters. Additions will be permitted as long as all players on a team’s roster are age appropriate. Players may play for more than one team providing they are age appropriate. We reserve the right to make the necessary changes within league divisions to ensure an equal level of ability and competition.
An illegal player shall be considered any player who competes in an age group that is younger than his/her age group classification. Players may play up in age.
Individual Player & Divisional Participation
Players may participate in more than one division and league. Players must be able to provide proof of identification on request. Failure to provide this identification will exclude the player from participation. We reserve the right to determine if a player is considered too advanced for a given division and remove the individual from the team roster. This is done in the spirit of maintaining parity in a given division.
No player may compete without a signed registration/waiver on file. Players under 18 must have a signature of a parent/guardian on the registration/waiver.
No teams or players may participate if a balance is owed on their registration.
Inclement Weather Policy
- Every reasonable effort will be made to play games as originally scheduled. We will take many factors into consideration when determining if closures are necessary due to severe weather. While school or other business closures are one of those factors, those closures DO NOT necessarily indicate Dayton Sports Complex’s status. (7am weather conditions are often far different from 4pm weather conditions!). As a general rule of thumb, we will remain open until Montgomery County issues a Level 1 Snow Emergency.
- Weather closure information will be posted on the Schedules page of our website and on our Facebook page. We ask that you please check the website and Facebook page – please do not call. Every effort will be made to communicate open/closed details on severe weather days 2 hours prior to the first kickoff.
Safety / First Aid Policy
We take the safety of our participants and customers very seriously. If you see something that could possibly be an unsafe situation, please let one of our staff members know immediately.
All participants must follow the rules and guidelines set forth by each activity within the Dayton Sports Complex.
Batting helmets must be worn at all times in the hitting tunnels.
All participants and customers must wear a shirt and shoes at all times.
We have a first aid kit with some basic first aid supplies on hand, as well as some ice packs. Our staff is not allowed to treat injuries but we can provide you with some basic first aid items in case of minor injuries. For major injuries, we ask that customers seek professional medical advice right away.
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site by filling out online forms. As appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, phone number, address, and e-mail address.
Payment information submitted during registration is never retained on our servers or in our database. It is used only to process the specific transaction.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to respond to your individual needs)
- To Give Discounts for future events/leagues/camps/clinics/etc.
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To process transactions – Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased service, rental or league as requested by the customer.
- To send periodic emails – The email address you provide for order processing may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your registration, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related league or event information, etc…
- To administer a contest, promotion, discount, survey, or other feature.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you access your personal information.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third Party Links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include, offer, or link to third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Dayton Sports Complex
4801 Salem Ave.
Dayton, OH 45416